PRIF CO is in search of a Gender Equality and Social Issues (GESI) and Infrastructure Consultant for the conduct of its "Study on Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Issues in Infrastructure". The consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Review the GIPA Report 2016 and relevant literature for trends and developments in GESI and infrastructure.
- Liaise in-depth with multilateral and bilateral development organisations active in GESI in infrastructure, particularly in the Pacific Islands, to ensure the final report and its recommendations add value for PRIF and its partners, potentially in areas of coordination and cooperation. Examples of current initiatives include DFAT’s Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment, 2018.
- Develop revised checklist and tools (based on those provided in the GIPA Report 2016) which will be broadened to cover GESI.
- Review the progress made by PRIF and its partners in the mainstreaming of GESI in the preparation, implementation, management and maintenance of infrastructure projects.
- In consultation with PRIF and its partners, identify best-practice case studies in social inclusion in infrastructure in the Pacific islands.
- Produce a draft and a final report which will include recommendations for PRIF and its partners (including a proposed action plan).
- Produce a project completion report for PRIF CO which will summarise issues (if any) in the execution of the TA and make recommendations for further TA.
- Conduct with DFAT a Pacific Regional GESI & Infrastructure workshop to (1) socialize the report and its findings and recommendations to PIC governments, PRIF partners and other stakeholders including the Private Sector, and (2) to share lessons learned and good practices in a variety of infrastructure sub-sectors and modalities.
The specialist should have: (i) a Masters’ degree in social development, gender and development, development studies, development economics or related fields; (ii) Experience of mainstreaming GESI in infrastructure, preferably in multiple infrastructure sectors; (iii) excellent research and report writing skills in English; (iv) track record of delivering reports and/or publications in the areas of GESI and/ or infrastructure; and (v) demonstrated experience in establishing working relationships with multilateral and bilateral development organisations, particularly in the Pacific islands context.
Copy and paste the this link to your browser to apply and express interest: https://selfservice.adb.org/OA_HTML/adb/xxcrs/jsp/ADBCsrnFwd.jsp?sel=167201
Deadline for submission of expressions of interest: 26 February 2021.