1. This presents the Final Report for the Asian Development Bank (ADB) TA 4305-SAM - Supporting the Samoa SchoolNet and Community Access Pilot Project (the TA). The three key outputs for the TA are as follows:
- Demonstrating the applicability of SchoolNet and community access program approaches for Samoa;
- Implementation plans and policies for SchoolNet and community access facilities; and
- Improved teacher training cuMculurn and materials for distance leaming.
2. The TA commenced in March 2005 and was cornpleted in December 2006. The original timeline was extended, with the agreement of the ADB and the Executing Agency (EA), in order to complete the activities given the implementation delays. In practice, the delays have worked in favor of giving time to develop and implement a more appropriate model.