PRIF support is available to the current PRIF partner Pacific Island Countries - Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Republic of Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
Requests for assistance should be submitted from a central government agency of the partner country.
PRIF provides assistance to Pacific Island Countries for infrastructure activities through:
- Advisory and technical assistance: sector-wide analysis, strategy formulation, priority identification and project formulation;
- Investment in infrastructure projects: project design and development and assistance with both capital and recurrent costs.
In seeking assistance from PRIF, Pacific Island Countries are encouraged to have:
- A single government agency responsible for coordination of other infrastructure agencies and for contact with PRIF development partners on their infrastructure needs;
- A process to determine infrastructure priorities that will lead development partners; and
- A roadmap for future investment in economic infrastructure.
Countries can request PRIF assistance to help them develop these processes, priorities and roadmaps.
1. REQUESTING TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
PRIF can assist Pacific Island Countries in a number of ways including:
- Providing technical assistance aimed at addressing particular infrastructure needs across five sectors - energy, telecommunications, transport, water and saniation, and urban development;
- Supporting the development of sector roadmaps;
- Building capacity to improve sector planning, budgeting, investment, regulations, and maintenance provision ; and
- Assisting countries in their management of donor infrastructure support through improved coordination mechanisms.
2. REQUESTING INVESTMENT ASSISTANCE
Requests for investment assistance can also be channeled through PRIF. Alternatively, Pacific Island Countries can liaise with any of the PRIF partners bilaterally on any issue and these requests will then be coordinated amongst the PRIF development partners.
For more detailed information about the process used to asses technical assistance requests and other requests for funding through PRIF please see Factsheet 2 - Applying for Assistance through PRIF (PDF 334 KB).
If you would like further assistance regarding requests for assistance please contact PRIF via email enquiries(at)theprif.org or phone +61 2 8270 9444.